[Mailman-Users] Link problem in Linux?

Lisa lisac at flygirl.com
Sat Dec 11 20:05:08 CET 1999

I keep getting the following problem.  It seems like the link problem
mentioned in README.LINUX, but I cannot find the "Restricted links"
setting (or patch?) anywhere in the kernel source or config file.

I am using a standard RedHat 5.1 on which the only serious thing I
did was to recompile tulip.o to accomidate a Linksys Etherfast
network card.

The error message (emailed to root) is below.  Can anyone help me?

Lisa

The original message was received at Sat, 11 Dec 1999 02:02:13 -0800
from localhost

"|/etc/smrsh/wrapper mailowner sacs"
    (expanded from: sacs-admin at www.flygirl.com)

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/home/mailman/scripts/mailowner", line 42, in ?
    mlist = MailList.MailList(sys.argv[1])
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 62, in __init__
    self.Load()
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 804, in Load
    self.Lock()
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 1373, in Lock
    self.__lock.lock()
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/LockFile.py", line 186, in lock
    os.link(self.__lockfile, self.__tmpfname)
OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied
554 "|/etc/smrsh/wrapper mailowner sacs"... unknown mailer error 1

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will
not have, nor do they deserve, either one."--Thomas Jefferson