[Mailman-Users] WANTED gid 80, GOT gid 2108.

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw at cnri.reston.va.us
Wed Aug 25 05:16:48 CEST 1999

    RK> OK, let's try to send mail.. oops, no action. Quick look to
    RK> qmail and mail.* logfiles:

    RK> mail.*: Aug 24 13:15:59 jenka Mailman mail-wrapper: Failure to
    RK> exec script.  WANTED gid 80, GOT gid 2108.  (Reconfigure to
    RK> take 2108?)

    RK> Hmm, there's no gid 2108 on system at all. Even no uid. I'm
    RK> lost!  What's wrong?

Well, it /could/ be a qmail thing :) -- I have no direct experience w/
qmail -- however this error message definitely means that the mail
wrapper program is getting invoked with a gid of 2108.  Look at
common.c... the getgid() system call is definitely returning 2108,
which doesn't match the gid 80 that you compiled with.

-Barry