[Mailman-Users] RE: Mailman-Users digest, Vol 1 #303 - 4 msgs

Ken Manheimer klm at digicool.com
Mon Aug 23 17:31:14 CEST 1999

> Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 13:23:17 +1000
> From: Bek Oberin <gossamer at tertius.net.au>
> To: Mailman Users List <mailman-users at python.org>
> Subject: [Mailman-Users] Global Announce?
>
> I need to send a message to everybody subscribed to one of
> my thirty-something lists.  Is there any decent way of
> doing this?

If you're willing to get your hands dirty with some programming (when
you're dealing with python, the "dirt" is practically hydroponic) - the
main() routine in cron/mailpasswds offers a fairly compact example of
iterating over the lists on the site, and the MailAllPasswords() shows
how to send text.  Other than deriving from that, i don't know of
anything prepackaged to do what you want.

Ken
klm at digicool.com