[Mailman-Users] Disabling passwords altogether.

Oliver Gassner fraktal at gmx.de
Tue Aug 17 11:45:17 CEST 1999

Your  ("Joseph Leaver" <joseph at connectcorp.net>) mail on Fri, 16 Apr
1999 17:50:08 -0700:

>Hi! I run a joke-a-day list and have received several complaints about the
>need to use passwords to subscribe and unsubscribe. Is there any way to
>disable this feature?

Hm, IIRC you an unsubscribe manually using your master-pass, so you can
give them a 'human' interface adress and do it yourself.

But: Do you need a pass to subscribe? No...

Disabling the unsub-feature with pass only would be nice.

I had a lot of unsubs just because pll got their monthly reminder. (My
newsletter is in german and pll are irritated to get a mesage in
english, and I don't see the work to translate all that stuff if it
would not survive an update.

Adjusting mailman to other languages is something many ppl wish for I
guess. I can help translate to german if anyone can make sure that the
texts will 'stay' after an update (I am not a techie ;) )

OG
--
Literatur am Draht:
 http://www.carpe.com/lit/