[Mailman-Users] removing messages from an archive (faq sugguestion barfs)

Ron Jarrell jarrell at vt.edu
Fri Aug 13 14:14:38 CEST 1999

Seems to be a bug in one of the classe arch imports.. This has been reported
twice before on this list, once by me.  I spent basically an entire day tracking it down
in my archives, and mailed the other person that complained about it, so he could try
my fix, but he hasn't had a chance yet, I think.

You're welcome to try this, and let me know if it works for you too.  It seems
to be related to broken rfc822 date processing in the rfc822.py pythonlib module.

These are two dates I've found so far that *will* cause that error:

Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 17:39:26 -0400 (EDT)

Go in and edit out the (EDT)

Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 00:55:56, -0500

Delete the comma before the timezone.

I ended up doing a combination of grep and sed, to find, and fix, the patterns.