[Mailman-Users] Changing expected user

Gergely Madarasz gorgo at caesar.elte.hu
Sun Aug 8 23:52:00 CEST 1999

On Sun, 8 Aug 1999, Bek Oberin wrote:

> Can I change the user that mailman expects to talk to WITHOUT
> recompiling/reinstalling it?

Just a recompile of the www/mail wrapper should be ok.

> Got aweird problem where I install the .deb file, which expects
> user 33, but the webservers here are non-standard for debian an
> d run as user 501.

Actually it will accept any gid below 100, that is any "system" gid, so
you might get away with adding a group with gid <100 and running your
webserver with that gid.

--
Madarasz Gergely           gorgo at caesar.elte.hu         gorgo at linux.rulez.org
                    HuLUG: http://mlf.linux.rulez.org/