[Mailman-Users] Sym link not created for public archives ..

Todd Pfaff pfaff at edge.cis.McMaster.CA
Wed Aug 4 16:03:57 CEST 1999

On Wed, 4 Aug 1999, Scott Kinnane wrote:

> Part of the problem was not only did I upgrade, but I also moved the
> archives (or rather copied to start with) of existing mailing lists. As
> best as I can tell, the config.db for each list tells mailman where the
> archive directory is.
>
> Is there any easy way I can update these config files to point to the
> new archive location? I only have 6 lists at this stage, so doing it
> manually isn't a problem. I tried doing a "make update" - after backing
> up everything, but that just broke it really well, so I restored the
> config.db files and then all was back to where I was - having mailman
> looking at the wrong directory for archives.

On a related note, are there utilities for converting the config.db file
to and from plain text, so that the text can be edited?

Todd Pfaff                         \  Email: pfaff at mcmaster.ca
Computing and Information Services  \ Voice: (905) 525-9140 x22920
ABB 132                              \  FAX: (905) 528-3773
McMaster University                   \
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada  L8S 4M1     \