[Mailman-Users] Upgrading

Ricardo Kustner ricardo at miss-janet.com
Mon Aug 2 21:40:50 CEST 1999

On 02-Aug-99 Jim McKay wrote:
> I'm running Mailman v 1.0rc1 on a SUSE 5.3 Linux system.  Once I have
> downloaded and g-unzipped  the distribution file, what steps need to be
> performed to upgrade to Mailman v 1.0rc3?

first the usual './configure' and 'make' from the 1.0 source tree
if you still have the 1.0rc1 source from the previous install
then run 'make update' (if you still have the 1.0rc1 source-tree,
check config.status to see what you used as options to configure the last time)

note that you might have to do something different if you used a SuSE package
for rc1 (in which case it's best to wait for a 1.0 release of that SuSE package
i guess)

Ricardo.