[Mailman-Users] Still need code info for privacy option

Ken Manheimer klm at digicool.com
Sat Apr 17 01:39:12 CEST 1999

On thursda, Nicholson James D wrote:

> I reported a problem previously that the privacy option to rewrite the
mail
> header to make it appear that it is coming from the list as opposed to
an
> individual user, is broken under IRIX 6.2 (or possibly just on my
machine).
> I REALLY need to take a look at the code responsible for this.
However, I
> just don't know mailman.
>
> Could someone please give me a pointer to the code responsible for the
> rewrite as well as some way to check the settings to see if the web
> interface to list administration is setting the switch correctly for
this
> feature?

The variable name in the code is 'anonymous_list', and the relevant
focus is in Mailman/MailList.py .  There's a section where the setting
is defined, and another setting in the Post() method where it is used.
A common simple trick for investigating the setting would be to make
calls to self.LogMsg(), e.g. self.LogMsg("debug", "anonymous_list: %s",
anon