[Mailman-Users] Address farming via the Web?

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw at cnri.reston.va.us
Sun Apr 11 03:06:04 CEST 1999

    CL> I'm not sure if anyone even cares or not, but it looks as if
    CL> the mailman-users list has been mined for email addresses.
    CL> Presumably this is being done via the Web interface...

I bet what's happening is that they're following the link to the
archives and then trolling through them for email addresses.  That
sucks.  Other than the URL you pointed us to, does anybody else have
any ideas of how to stop this particular mining?  Do we obfuscate
every email address in every message saved to the archive?  If so,
then can I get away with pushing that over the fence into the
archiver's responsibilities? :-)

-Barry