[Mailman-Users] Config problems w/ apache 1.3.6 & mailman 1.0b11 on SGI

Greg Stein gstein at lyra.org
Sat Apr 10 09:33:02 CEST 1999

Nicholson James D wrote:

> Symptom:  Can't access admin or listinfo for the lists.  Basically, the web
> interface is broken.  Server replies 404.  This is a badly configured
> apache.
> SOLUTION:
> 1) The recommendation for ScriptAlias modification made in the INSTALL
> document is wrong.
>     Change it to (including quotes):
>
>          ScriptAlias   /~mailman/  "$prefix/cgi-bin/"

No... it is NOT wrong.

The solution they provided works perfectly for me. I think you messed up
by inserting the tilde.

Here is what I have in my Apache configuration file:

# MAILMAN CONFIG
ScriptAlias /mailman/ /home/mailman/install/cgi-bin/
Alias /pipermail/ /home/mailman/install/archives/public/

<Directory /home/mailman/install/archives/public>
Options FollowSymLinks
</Directory>

That has been working great for me, for a LONG time.

-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/