[Mailman-Users] Using a private web server for mailman

Lyndon Drake lyndon at kcbbs.gen.nz
Fri Apr 9 23:30:58 CEST 1999

Hi,

I have just finished setting up Mailman at a local school, and would like
to thank the developers for a very well designed and usable application.

The school is limited to a dialup connection to the internet, so even
though the mailing list is accessible to people outside the school, they
cannot access the web server used to administer the list.  I imagine that
other places exist where people might want to run Mailman on a server
that has limited access (e.g. a company might run Mailman on an internal
server that is firewalled from the Internet), so this may be of interest
to more people than just us :-).  I would like it to be possible for
list subscribers (or users) to manage their account via email (I realise
that there would be little appeal in doing this for admins).

There would appear to be a couple of things that users can do via the
web interface that cannot be done via email, in particular requesting a
password mailing.  Is it at all likely that the email commands will be
extended to accomodate more functionality by email?

Thanks,
Lyndon