[Mailman-Users] Re: Pointers to using mailman with exim

J C Lawrence claw at varesearch.com
Fri Apr 2 22:20:02 CEST 1999

On Thu, 01 Apr 1999 23:26:13 -0500
Joshua E Rodd <jerodd at noah.dhs.org> wrote:

> J C Lawrence wrote:
>> You need two stanzas in your exim config for running mailman
>> under exim.  They are required so that the UID and GID are set
>> appropriately for delivering mail to mailman, and to read the
>> appropriate aliases file for mailman.

> I'm afraid I don't understand where those stanzas go. I tried
> tacking them onto the end of /etc/exim.conf, but that flat out
> didn't work.

Quite.

As I wrote, the first stanza goes in your transports section, and
the second in your directors section.  See your Exim documentation
(not the man pages) or http://www.exim.org/ for further details.

> Once I get it to work, I think I'll write a README.exim file for
> mailman. =)

What I wrote is pretty well all you need.

J C Lawrence                              Internet: claw at kanga.nu
---------(*)                        Internet: claw at varesearch.com
...Honorary Member of Clan McFud -- Teamer's Avenging Monolith...