[Mailman-Users] Re: XYZ-owner at other.machine

Greg Stein gstein at lyra.org
Thu Apr 1 11:17:18 CEST 1999

Baranyai Laszlo wrote:
> Wow. Sorry. There is Mailman 1.08b installed on a Linux (Debian) server.
> It has more lists (and I am the administrator of two lists named
> "kee-phd at elfiz2.kee.hu" and "dosz-mernok at phd.hu"). Members were registered
> in "bulk" section of admin page when the lists started. They use several
> domains, like "*@hoya.kee.hu" , "*@liliom.kee.hu" , "*@yahoo.com" , etc.
> According to the delivery report mailman tries to send reminders to
> "XYZ-owner at hoya.kee.hu" for example. It is so strange because there were
> no problems with traffic before (you have to know that these lists are
> young - 1-2 month old ). Of course these are not valid e-mail addresses.

Ah. This sounds like a configuration error. Please go to the "General
Options" page in your administration page. There is an option that
reads:

"Send password reminders to, eg, "-owner" address instead of directly to
user."

It sounds like that option has been set to "yes". You should set the
option to "no".

If that is not the problem, then I am confused :-). Please check your
configuration and let us know if this is the problem.

Thanks,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/