[Mailman-Users] Installing

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw at cnri.reston.va.us
Mon Nov 16 21:33:43 CET 1998

    DH> A freebsd system? I see this unless I use gmake. Same spot.

    DH> I'm not so sure any longer that its strictly a problem with
    DH> mailman. It may be the symptom of some old libraries laying
    DH> around since the last operating system upgrade.

I sure wish I could understand this better.  If any FreeBSDers figure
this out, please do let us know.  In the meantime, I've created a file
called `BUGS' and added the following entry.  Does this seem accurate?

- There seems to be a problem building the C wrappers on FreeBSD
  systems when not using GNU make (gmake).  The symptom is that you
  get an undefined symbol `_main' in /usr/lib/crt0.o.  We don't know
  anything more about the causes, and there is some suspicion that the
  problem is unrelated to Mailman.  Using gmake to build Mailman
  appears to solve the problem.

-Barry