[Mailman-Users] biggest practical mailman list?

John Harkin jh at harkin.net
Thu Nov 12 01:18:20 CET 1998

I'm using Mailman now for a small mailing list, less than 1000 addresses so
far.  A friend of mine needs to move a large list, over 32K addresses, to
something new.  I've been talking up Mailman, but began to wonder if there
are scale issues with Mailman.  Has anyone run a list that big?  Does the
database bog down loading a huge flat file for every request?  Are there
integer size limitations?  My friend's current mailing list's editor broke
with more than 2^15 addresses!

John

--
John Harkin