[Mailman-Users] permission denied to archives dir with apache

John Lewis jnlewis at arachnerd.com
Wed Nov 11 20:30:40 CET 1998

Firstly, I just installed Mailman 1.0b6 on my RedHat 5.2 box, and I am VERY
impressed.  The directions were excellent, everything happened as it
should, and all is working as it should (except for my one problem).  The
developers should be proud of what you have done.  A million thanks to all
your hard work to make this happen.

My problem is that when I try to access the archives directory from a
browser, I get the following:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /pipermail/testlist on this server.

I am running Apache 1.3.1, and have added the appropriate alias entry in
srm.conf for pipermail

Everything else is running great, so perhaps there is a simple access
issue, or line to add to some config file that would allow access to the
archives/public directory?

Thanks.

John Lewis