[Mailman-Users] Multilingual support in mailman?

John Viega viega at list.org
Tue Jul 7 21:01:41 CEST 1998

On Tue, Jul 07, 1998 at 08:53:14PM +0200, Farzad FARID wrote:
>  Hello,
>
>  I'm planning to use mailman on a mailing-list I'm gonna create. But I'd
> rather have it display all messages in french :)
>  Right now I see that I'd have to edit many scripts to translate the
> texts. Would it be possible to have a version in which the texts and the
> scripts are separated? That would make translation easier.

That's a good idea, but it hasn't been done yet.  If you actually want
to make these changes, I can outline how I'd like it done, or you can
wait a while, as we'll definitely move in that direction in the next
month or two.

By the way, you might want to wait before running mailman, because the
last release had a lot of major changes and untested software.  The
next version should be out soon (I'd say in the next week or two).

>  Another question: has mailman been tested on large lists? Like around 500
> subscribers.

It's run lists with several thousands of subscribers, yes.

John