[Mailman-Users] Multilingual support in mailman?

Gergely Madarasz gorgo at caesar.elte.hu
Tue Jul 7 21:06:13 CEST 1998

On Tue, 7 Jul 1998, Farzad FARID wrote:

>  I'm planning to use mailman on a mailing-list I'm gonna create. But I'd
> rather have it display all messages in french :)
>  Right now I see that I'd have to edit many scripts to translate the
> texts. Would it be possible to have a version in which the texts and the
> scripts are separated? That would make translation easier.

I'd like to see something like that too... for a Hungarian translation :)

>  Another question: has mailman been tested on large lists? Like around 500
> subscribers.

I have two lists, one with 300+220 (normal+digested) subscribers,
and the other with 230+230, both with 50-100 mails a day. It works
correctly. The problem is with mass subscription and the mailpasswds
program because it wants to forks lots of times and hits the ulimit (see
the mailman-developers archive)

Greg

--
Madarasz Gergely           gorgo at caesar.elte.hu         gorgo at linux.rulez.org