[Mailman-Users] Sendmail and Mailman

Victoriano Giralt vic at vgg.sci.uma.es
Fri Dec 18 00:09:41 CET 1998

On Wed, 16 Dec 1998, Amanda Shuler wrote:

> I have managed to get Mailman installed on my Debian 2.0 system and I've
> even set up and list and got the web interface going and everything.
> It all looks good, except for when I go to send a mail to the list.
> The name of the list is "computerclub2".
> I am using Sendmail 8.9
> Mailman 1.0b4-2
>
> When one of my subscribed users sends a message to "computerclub2 at hostname"
> I get the following erros in my syslog.

[snip]
I'm not completely sure, neither any kind of mailman guru, but I have
instaled six in the last three weeks, and whe I got those kind of
behaviour it had always something with getting the permissions/groups
wrong. Check that:

- user mailman belongs also tho the group mail or whichever group you or
	the configure script have used for mail-gid during the
	compile/install.

- check that sendmail executes using that uid: Og (option g) in
	sendmail.cf

Just my 2 cents (of an euro, of course :)

Victoriano Giralt
Systems Programmer
Central Computing Facility
University of Málaga