[Mailman-Users] low level failure

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw at CNRI.Reston.Va.US
Fri Aug 7 23:28:35 CEST 1998

    KM> I have grabbed the driver script that was posted and am trying
    KM> it out now.

Definitely give that a try.  I'm trying now to remember exactly what
the cause was, and I believe it was a permissions problem.  Make sure
that the program sin cgi-bin have the g+s bit set and are group owned
by mailman.  Otherwise, they won't have permission to open the log
files and in 1.0b5, the driver script wasn't good about reporting this
problem accurately.

That should all be fixed in the current snapshot, if you feel like
doing a CVS update against the read-only tree.

-Barry