[Mailman-Users] Odd b5 behavior

Corbett J. Klempay cklempay at acm.jhu.edu
Mon Aug 3 19:37:30 CEST 1998

I've been having this problem for a few days, and I am just trying to find
out if anyone else here is experiencing a similar phenomenon (so that
maybe I'll get lucky and talk to you and figure out what the story is):

- 1.0b5 + sendmail 8.9.1
- RH Linux 5.1 (if you need more info, it's also http://www2.acm.jhu.edu
-- there's lots of stuff there)

There was some weirdness with permissions being set wrong with Linux + b5,
but Barry issued a patch in about 2 seconds flat that cleared that one up.
The current problem is that I have several lists set up, but if you send
mail to them (like test at acm.jhu.edu), your mail is swallowed into a
bottomless pit...it never sees the light of day again.  If you look at
/var/log/maillog, it claims the mail has been sent.  Users have that they
did get their monthly password reminder from Mailman itself, however.

I don't think this is really something misconfigured with sendmail on my
end; this same setup was chugging right along with 1.0b4 until I tried to
switch.

Corbett J. Klempay			         Quote of the Week:
http://www2.acm.jhu.edu/~cklempay        "Money is the root of all good."

PGP Fingerprint: 7DA2 DB6E 7F5E 8973 A8E7  347B 2429 7728 76C2 BEA1