[Mailman-Users] Multiple copies of messages?

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw at CNRI.Reston.Va.US
Sat Aug 1 18:01:34 CEST 1998

    WB> BTW, did anyboyd else notice that all the python scripts are
    WB> headed with "#! /usr/local/env python" instead of "#! <path to
    WB> installed python executable>" ?  I had to hand-edit all the
    WB> stuff in bin/ and scripts/ to get it to work.

Really?  That shouldn't be necessary.  The idea is that anything
that's exec'd by a wrapper script (CGI or mail) will have the full
path hardcoded into the wrapper.  For stuff you're going to run from a
command shell, you want the python executable in your $PATH, then the
"standard" Python convention #! line should do the trick.

Is something else going on?  I'd rather not have to change this.
-Barry