[Mailman-i18n] Thank you

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Jun 25 15:08:43 EDT 2016

On 6/25/16 10:26 AM, Caroline Makere via Mailman-i18n wrote:
> Hi mailman:
> I am totally new and not sure how to start. I want to add a language in
> wikipedia. The language is Kiswahili, many times it is shortened as Swahili.
> Will this be possible? Thank you so much

I don't know what you are asking. If you are asking about adding
Kiswahili to Wikipedia, you are in the wrong place, but it appears there
already is a Kiswahili Wikipedia at <https://sw.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mwanzo>.

If you are interested in translating GNU Mailman to Kiswahili, you are
in the right place.

The story is a bit complicated as there is currently the older Mailman
2.1 which we are trying to phase out in favor of the new Mailman 3.

For mailman 2.1 we have a well defined translation process. See
<https://wiki.list.org/DEV/Internationalization> and
<https://wiki.list.org/DEV/i18nhowto> for help getting started.

For Mailman 3, we don't yet have a well defined procedure. We are
investigating various tools to help with translation, but nothing is in
place yet. There are some threads from April and May of this year on
"Translation of Mailman 3 in the archives of this list at
<https://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-i18n/ and the
mailman-developers list at
<https://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-developers/>.