[Mailman-i18n] Esperanto translation

Dinu Gherman gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de
Sun Jul 12 20:59:38 CEST 2015

Chris Kerr wrote:

> I would like to help translate Mailman into Esperanto. I have emailed the two
> people listed as project leaders on http://wiki.list.org/DEV/Languages - the
> first address gave an error message and the second one did not reply. Is anyone
> else working on an Esperanto translation, and if not how to I go about taking
> over the project?

Chris,

after having had that same experience a while ago I had created a translation project on Transifex.com for Mailman 2, but I stopped working on it after realizing that Mailman 3 was "around the corner" (which it actually was for a while back, then). And also because I felt that the text files were probably not easy to maintain/organize consistently for Mailman 2 (independent of any language) or that anybody would actually care:

https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/retposxtisto/

If you find that useful I'd be happy to transfer it to you. If that doesn't work, I'd encourage you to just "fork" it and try to reuse whatever you can.

Cheers,

Dinu