[Mailman-i18n] Updated Polish translations

Stef splewako at aviary.pl
Thu Feb 19 16:59:16 CET 2015

I wasn't thinking about python.org <http://python.org/> but about linux distributions and their attitude to stable/2.1 Mailman releases - from that perspective 2.1.19 won't be that different form 3.0 as a release and trying to make upgrades non-disruptive has much less value.

> I understand that ISO-8859-2 is limited, and Mailman 3 which is the
> current development focus is a Python 3 application and thus strings are
> all unicode internally. SMTP itself still has to be ascii bytes on the
> wire and will be, but essentially everything else will be unicode with
> utf-8 encoding (where possible) in Mailman 3.

Right, Mailman 3, I have a plan not to use it as long as feasible having seen test versions of archiver and requirements for l10n.

> In Mailman 2.1 on the other hand, there is a hodge podge of different
> character sets for the different languages, and these affect things like
> the web UI, archives, plain format digests and Mailman generated
> notices, but messages passing through a list and in MIME format digests,
> for the most part are delivered encoded in the same encoding as the
> original message although a plain text body may sometimes be recoded due
> to things like msg_header and msg_footer being encoded in a different
> character set.

Public archive was the reason, it was unacceptable mess before switch to utf8.

> Anyway, thanks very much for updating the translation. I have taken your
> message catalog and templates, changed some problem characters like
> curly quotes and ellipsis to ascii quotes and ... respectively and
> recoded them to ISO-8859-2 and installed them in the branch.

Thx!

> Also, in running Mailman's bin/transcheck, I found and fixed the
> following two problems

Fixed also on github, thank you for pointing that out.