[Mailman-i18n] Move to Launchpad?

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Tue Jul 21 11:35:49 CEST 2009

Now that Launchpad is free software, we should consider whether to
move translations there.  While I greatly appreciate Cristobal's
gracious donation of a Pootle server to the project, I'm not sure
we've had much traction with it.  I'll regrettably take responsibility
for not helping to push that more.

http://wiki.list.org/display/DEV/2009/07/21/Launchpad+is+Free+Software

I am interested in what developers (e.g. Mark) and translators alike
think about such a move, and we have several options.  We could move
all translations to LP, only future (read: Mailman 2.2 and/or 3.0)
translations there, or nothing.  I don't want to make this decision
alone -- I like to get as much consensus as possible from everyone who
would be affected by the change.

If there are concerns, questions, or complaints about Launchpad's
translation services, feel free to bring that up here or in the
Launchpad public forums.  I'll answer as best I can or find an expert
on that part of the system.  From my perspective, it would be nice to
re-integrate this part of the development/release cycle.

Cheers,
-Barry