[Mailman-i18n] Pootle introduction

Cristóbal Palmer cmpalmer at metalab.unc.edu
Sun Jul 6 05:23:02 CEST 2008

On Sat, Jul 05, 2008 at 12:22:50AM +0930, Clytie Siddall wrote:
> Hey Barry :)
>
> On 03/07/2008, at 11:03 PM, Barry Warsaw wrote:

<snip />

>> If possible, I'm sure we could set up a fake user on Launchpad for
>> Pootle to push branches to, say once per day.  That would also be very
>> cool because then we wouldn't have to fear for Cristobal's machine
>> crashing.
>
> With bzr sync, you don't have to worry about that at all. You might lose
> some of a day's work: I don't know how often the sync is done. You can
> probably set that parameter yourself.

To be clear, I have not set up ANYthing that would push from garp (the
machine hosting pootle.metalab) back to anywhere else with bzr. If
there's some sort of automatic sync that pootle is trying to make
happen, I don't know how it's doing it or where other than garp it's
going. Honestly I think everything happening in pootle is currently
staying on garp.

I think we need to either have it publish a
http://pootle.metalab.unc.edu/bzr/mailman/ branch or, as Barry
suggested, have it push back to launchpad. Both of those would require
some setup and I'd like to hear what's optimal before I go digging to
figure out how to actually do it. :)

>> Does Pootle back the files up off-site?  See the push-to-Launchpad
>> idea.
>
> Unsure. The source-control sync gives you an offsite backup, anyway.
> Once Pootle had source-control sync, it may not have continued with a
> separate backup of the files.

See above. afaik, there's no sync going off of garp at this time.

Cheers,
--
Cristóbal Palmer
ibiblio.org systems administrator