[Mailman-i18n] UTF-8 and PO files

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Jul 3 16:49:33 CEST 2008

Clytie Siddall wrote:

>While that is entirely up to you, we encourage you to convert your PO
>file(s) to UTF-8. This is the standard for FLOSS translation, and will
>avoid problems with tools which _assume_ UTF-8.

A technical note. If you do convert your message catalog to utf-8
encoding (with iconv or however), you also need to do the same for the
templates, and the encoding in the add_language() entry at the end of
Mailman/Defaults.py.in needs to be changed as well.

I can help with any of this if necessary.