[Mailman-i18n] PMS localization

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sun Nov 4 21:32:18 CET 2007

Bèrto 'd Sèra wrote:

>One more doubt: is the message "right" meant to be opposed to "left" or not?
>I can't seem to find a "left" anywhere... so the other possible chances are:
>1) the right to do something
>2) correct
>
>Which one?

I assume you are asking about the

#: Mailman/Cgi/listinfo.py:116
msgid "right"

message. If you refer to Mailman/Cgi/listinfo.py, you can see the
context.

    adj = msg and _('right') or ''
    siteowner = Utils.get_site_email()
    welcome.extend(
        (_(''' To visit the general information page for an
unadvertised list,
        open a URL similar to this one, but with a '/' and the %(adj)s
        list name appended.

>From this context, you can see that "right" is the adjective meaning
"correct".

In case you don't understand the Python, what is done here is when
listinfo is invoked via say <http://www.example.com/mailman/listinfo>,
it puts the message "To visit the general information page for an
unadvertised list, open a URL similar to this one, but with a '/' and
the list name appended." on the page, but if it is invoked with
<http://www.example.com/mailman/listinfo/xx> where xx is not a valid
list name, it puts the message "To visit the general information page
for an unadvertised list, open a URL similar to this one, but with a
'/' and the right list name appended." on the page.