[Mailman-i18n] Hebrew Mailman Support

Dov Zamir linux at zamirfamily.com
Fri Mar 23 14:32:28 CET 2007

Hi Barry,

Here are the bads:

1) There is no "natural" way to get web pages that do not have an
explicit <BODY...> directive to display RTL without changing some code.
2) Command line scripts show up backwards and LTR.

To slove 1), I can add a piece of code to htmlformat.py to either read a
new variable called dir from the .po file, and default to dir="ltr" if
it isn't defined, or explicitly change it to dir="rtl" if language is
"he". How did they solve this in Arabic?
One workaround that I used is to add WEB_BG_COLOR = 'white\" dir=\"rtl'
in mm_cfg.py, but it works globally, and changes the direction of pages
in any language.

Solving 2) is much more complicated. I may have to either leave the
scripts in English, or enter the text backwards. Seems that entering
text backwards will be painstaking to enter extremely dificult to
maintain, but not impossible. Again, how did they solve this in Arabic?

Does anybody listening have a suggestion?

-Dov-