[Mailman-i18n] Jira tracker migration (was: Re: Mistake in Brazilian Portuguese Translation

Clytie Siddall clytie at riverland.net.au
Fri Jun 8 05:06:06 CEST 2007

On 08/06/2007, at 12:12 AM, Barry Warsaw wrote:

> On Jun 7, 2007, at 9:59 AM, Clytie Siddall wrote:
>
>> (Barry, is the Jira tracker ready for use yet?)
>
> Sadly, I haven't had time to do the migration, and I haven't been
> able to rustle up any volunteers to help.  Maybe I should just give
> up and start fresh in Jira.  We'll have to live with two trackers
> for a while, but maybe it will be easier to ask folks to migrate
> individual relevant bugs rather than do the entire tracker in one
> shot.
>
> I'm open to thoughts on how we can move to Jira sooner.

Hmm, is there any way we can embed a search in the Jira page, so "If
your bug doesn't show up here, it may have been logged earlier in our
old SF tracker. Search it: [field]"

That way, people would only need to go to one address, but it would
refer them to the second address if necessary.

And on the SF page, we could have a note (or possibly link?):
"MIgrate this bug to our new Jira tracker..."

Also, perhaps people _can_ manually migrate bugs they think are
important. That does share the load more realistically.

At least we would be using the new tracker, then. :)

> This may make even more sense when I announce my roadmap plans
> (hopefully this week).

Ooh, new directions. Exciting! :D

Việt hóa phần mềm tự do)