[Mailman-i18n] What's the difference?

Geno groupsky at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 10:03:16 CEST 2007

2007/4/10, Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net>:
> Geno wrote:
> >
> >Can you help me understand is there a difference between "account options",
> >"membership options" and "subscription settings"?
> >
> >All of them are used on the subscription confirmation page and seems
> >that they have one and the same meaning.
>

> The phrase "Your subscription settings are shown below" refers to the
> Real Name, digest and language setting to be applied to your
> subscription as you confirm it.
>
> "you will be shown your account options page" refers to the page on
> which you can "further customize your membership options". I.e
> to the options on that page. Also, "You can change it by visiting your
> personal options page." refers to that same page.
>
> Despite the use of some of these terms to refer to a page and some to
> refer to the settings on that page, the terms "account options",
> "membership options" and "personal options" all refer to the same
> thing, namely your option settings for this list.
>
> In general "subscription settings" could refer to the same thing, but
> in the context of this page, "subscription settings" refers
> specifically to the three things that are set on this page.

Thank you very much, this really gave me a clear view of the page. I
tried to translate it as close as possible and in the same time keep
the repeated phrases minimum, as in Bulgarian we don't have so much
different words for one thing :). We'll see what the rest of the
translation team will say about it.

Regards,
--
Geno Roupsky / Гено Рупски