[Mailman-i18n] International Mailman (was: Re: Chinese support?

Clytie Siddall clytie at riverland.net.au
Mon Nov 6 07:41:16 CET 2006

On 06/11/2006, at 7:55 AM, Bartosz Sawicki wrote:

>> I am new to mailman and to this list.  I hope someone can help me.  I
>> currently have a couple of lists, majority of the members are
>> Chinese from
>> China.  So a Chinese interface would be very helpful.  mailman
>> website
>> states that Chinese is supported, but I cannot find information
>> regarding to
>> getting the files for Chinese (I am especially interested zh-CN,
>> simplified
>> Chinese).
>> I am running 2.1.5 mailman (installed by the hosting company).
>
> It should be visible on Administration Web Panel -> Language Options.
> If it is not there, probably your hosting company provide limited
> version of Mailman, ask them.

This is a problem for international users everywhere. It is much more
usual to click on the Language drop-down menu when signing up for a
Mailman list, and to see only "English", than it is to see any other
languages.

Is there any way we can promote the use of Mailman's
internationalized files? Could we perhaps include a para. in the
release notes, encouraging admins to enable other languages, to
improve access for members of other language communities?

Việt hóa phần mềm tự do)