[Mailman-i18n] Converting 2.1.7 PO files to 2.1.8 (was: Re: Released: Mailman 2.1.7a1

Clytie Siddall clytie at riverland.net.au
Fri Mar 10 05:57:19 CET 2006

On 10/03/2006, at 12:21 PM, Tokio Kikuchi wrote:

> Mailman 2.1.8a1 was released for alpha test and i18n translations.
> Unfortunately, SF file upload is currently down, so I've put up the
> tar
> ball and the GPG signature on my Japanese Mailman site.
>
>  gzipped tar file ... http://mm.tkikuchi.net/mailman-2.1.8a1.tgz
>  GPG signature ... http://mm.tkikuchi.net/mailman-2.1.8a1.tgz.sig

Maria and Javier, if you have started your Mailman 2.1.7 translation,
all you need to do is use gettext to shift all your translations
which will continue to be used, into the new file. (Maria may have
already done this with her older translation). You can do this with
any two different versions of the same PO file.

***If the new file is a .pot (Portable Object Template) file:
___
msgmerge [option] old_file.po new_file.pot
___
substituting the actual filenames.

You don't have to use any options, but please see

msgmerge --help

for a list of them.

***If the new file is a PO file, which may or may not have translations:
___
msgmerge -o new_file.po old_file.po new_file.po
___
Again, substitute the actual filenames of the old and new files.

The -o option tells gettext to put the results in the new_file.po

I'm about half-way through mailman.po, so I need to shift all those
that wil be continued to be used, into the 2.1.8 mailman.po

If you have started any of the html templates, you will need a
different method. You can use the diff tool in your text editor or
translation editor or shell (terminal).

Good luck!

Việt hóa phần mềm tự do)