[Mailman-i18n] Reposted: Another combined variable

Clytie Siddall clytie at riverland.net.au
Thu Mar 9 09:24:19 CET 2006

(Reposted after unsucessful posting yesterday)

On 07/03/2006, at 10:52 PM, Tokio Kikuchi wrote:

> You can see
>         if digest:
>             digmode = _(' (Digest mode)')
>         else:
>             digmode = ''
> just before the part you quoted.  So, the sentence is
>   'Welcome to the "list-real-name" mailing list (Digest mode)'
> or
>   'Welcome to the "list-real-name" mailing list'
>
> "Digest mode" is status of the subscriber.  Another mode is called
> "Regular" or "Non-digest".  It doesn't mean the list is in digest
> mode.

Thankyou. So in the string:

___
po:606
reference:	⑤	Mailman/Deliverer.py:79
Original:	⌘0	Welcome to the \"%(realname)s\" mailing list%(digmode)s
___

I can separate the word "list" from list%(digmode)s? Or not?

I don't know if I'm supposed to translate the word "list" or not,
whether it's part of the variable, and thus not to be translated, or
whether it's part of the translatable string.

I would like to be able to translate this string as (in my language):

"Welcome to using the mailing list \"%(realname)s\" %(digmode)s "

because that is correct syntax for us, but I don't know if that is OK
or not.

Việt hóa phần mềm tự do)