[Mailman-i18n] Just checking: UTF-8; and the html templates

Tokio Kikuchi tkikuchi at is.kochi-u.ac.jp
Thu Mar 2 05:57:38 CET 2006

Clytie Siddall wrote:
> Hi there :)
>
> When I discussed the mailman-vi translation with my KDE-vi team-mate,
> he said AFA he knew, Mailman did not support UTF-8.
>
> So, before spending many hours on a UTF-8 translation, I thought I'd
> better check:
>
> ** does Mailman support UTF-8? **

Yes, you can see 4 languages select this as their charset.
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/mailman/mailman/Mailman/Defaults.py.in?rev=2.112.2.36&view=markup

> Sorry if it's a dumb question, but you can understand, I'd rather be  sure.
>
> Also, the translation involves 44 html templates. That's going to  take
> a while.
>
> Is it possible to get the translation implemented once the interface
> (messages) is translated, and add the templates as they are translated?

We did accept partial translations in the past, but we are now in a
trasition mode from SF CVS to Rosetta / from 2.1.x to 2.2.  It may take
time to get new languages in the official release.  You can test or
release your language in an unofficial way by submitting it on the SF
patch area or on your own site (if any).

> Also, is there a priority for translating the templates? I imagine  some
> are used much more often than others.

We do not put priorities.  It depends on the convenience of the
translators or the language users.

http://weather.is.kochi-u.ac.jp/