[Mailman-i18n] Translation to Tamil...

ஸ்ரீ ராமதாஸ் shriramadhas at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 16:49:57 CEST 2006

Hi every one,

this is Sri Ramadoss and I would like to join hands with you all in
translating mailman to Tamil my mother tongue.

We have a set of people who can contribute towards this.

I have little experience in Translating and seek all your guidance.

I know English and Tamil.

How to proceed further.

Please guide me.

Regards.

--
அன்புடன்,
ம . ஸ்ரீ ராமதாஸ்

Stepwise instructions - to view Unicode Tamil text

1. You need to have Unicode Tamil fonts installed on your computer and
the Operating System capable of rendering Tamil Scripts. Windows XP
comes with a Unicode Tamil Font (Latha) and you need not
download/install a unicode font.
2. In the Control Panel, in Regional/Languages Options you will need to
ensure that Indic/Asian Language option is checked.
3. Use a browser that is capable of handling UTF-8 based pages (Netscape
6, Internet Explorer 5) with the Unicode Tamil font chosen as the
default font for the UTF-8 char-set/encoding view. Unicode Tamil Fonts
may be downloaded from here. <http://www.tamilnation.org/fonts/latha.ttf>