[Mailman-i18n] Problems with Vietnamese translation

Clytie Siddall clytie at riverland.net.au
Wed Apr 26 14:54:14 CEST 2006

Thanks for following this up, Mark. :)

On 25/04/2006, at 2:58 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:

>> AFAIK, there shouldn't be any templates in trunk. They've been =20
>> converted into the mailman.po file. This will be much easier to =20
>> manage, especially when updating translations.
>
> Yes, there shouldn't be any templates in the subversion trunk, but
> that
> isn't what I was saying. I'm saying that 'make install' did not
> extract the templates from the mailman.po for the templates/vi/
> directory in the insatlled system. The reason for this is the magic
> templates headers in messages/vi/LC_MESSAGES/mailman.po look like
>
> #:templates/en/admindbdetails.html:1
> #:templates/en/admindbpreamble.html:1
> #:templates/en/admindbsummary.html:1
> #:templates/en/adminsubscribeack.txt:1
> #:templates/en/adminunsubscribeack.txt:1
> etc.
>
> and they should look like
>
> #: templates/en/admindbdetails.html:1
> #: templates/en/admindbpreamble.html:1
> #: templates/en/admindbsummary.html:1
> #: templates/en/adminsubscribeack.txt:1
> #: templates/en/adminunsubscribeack.txt:1
> etc.
>
> because the po2templ.py script that extracts them from the mailman.po
> file is looking specifically for
>
>             if line.startswith('#: templates'):

Weird. I used the latest .pot for Mailman, so the headers _should_ be
correct. I can't see how msgmerge can have changed that: it only
matches translations to original text. If the templates need to be
there in the installed system, I'll have to fix this. <sigh>  But I'd
still like to know how it happened. :(

Your next mail:

> There is no entry for Vietnamese in the add_languages() statements in
> Defaults.py.in in the Release_2_1-maint branch or in the LANGUAGE_DICT
> entries in Defaults.py.in in the trunk.

Who should add such entries? Should I? If so, please tell me what I
should do.

Is this analagous with adding a language code to the ALL_LINGUAS line
in configure.in or configure.ac ?

Việt hóa phần mềm tự do)