[Mailman-i18n] RTL (was: Re: Hebrew translation)

Clytie Siddall clytie at riverland.net.au
Wed Apr 26 14:43:48 CEST 2006

Hello Simcha, thankyou for joining the discussion. :)

On 25/04/2006, at 12:11 PM, Rabbi Simcha Backman wrote:

> "Tzipy" is a female - I saw she was referred to as a "his".   Tzipy
> is a
> nickname for the Biblical name "Ziporah".

It's a lovely name. I should know better, since I'm female myself,
but with the female participation in open-source at an all-time high
of 1.5%, one tends to assume "male". Sorry, Tzipi ! :)

> Anyway...now that we cleared that up - how can I help?  Is there
> any segment
> that you would like me to help out with?  My offer to assist with
> the Hebrew
> translation still stands as I would like to implement mailman for
> Hebrew as
> well.

Simcha, you speak as though you have mentioned translating Mailman
into Hebrew before: I haven't been on the Mailman list long, so I'm
sorry if I have missed your posts.

Tzipi has just arrived, and offered to translate Mailman into Hebrew.
She then asked (of course!) if we had RTL support, and that's what
we've been discussing.

I'm concerned that all the new information she's expected to take in,
as a first-time Mailman translator and (I think) a first-time
translator in other ways, plus the RTL testing, may have intimidated
her. I hope not. If you could support her in this translation, work
together, that would be great. :))

I will also send Tzipi an invitation to a small i18n-mentor group for
women translators, where we are trying to encourage more
participation. She may find that helpful. (Tzipi, are you still
there? :) )

Việt hóa phần mềm tự do)