[Mailman-i18n] charset anoyance

Ben Gertzfield che at debian.org
Wed Oct 29 17:55:10 EST 2003

Santiago Garcia Mantinan wrote:

>Suppose I have a list which default language is using charset iso-8859-1,
>then somebody comes and posts in iso-8859-15 and you get it all in three
>mime parts, one for the header, in iso-8859-1, one for the body in
>iso-8859-15 and then the footer in iso-8859-1 again.

This is a big problem, one I didn't address with my initial charset
support implementation for Mailman.

I'll add this functionality as soon as I can, hopefully tonight or
tomorrow.  Sorry for all the inconvenience.

Basically, we need to have Mailman's Charset.py treat iso-8859-1 exactly
the same as iso-8859-15 as a special case.

Ben