[Mailman-i18n] Should we join the Translation Project?

Bartosz Sawicki sawickib at iem.pw.edu.pl
Sat Oct 11 05:52:46 EDT 2003

>>We had talked before about moving Mailman's i18n work to
>>the Translation Project[1], and I think now's the perfect time to
>>revisit that.
>>I don't have any direct experience with TP, so first, I'm wondering who
>>out there has, and what you think about it.
>
> I have no experience with TP (even if I'm enlisted in their site)  and I'm
> neutral on this.  I even signed their disclaimer.
> http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~gnutra/HTML/disclaim.html

So you are lucky, I don't sign and send this disclaimer, so propably
i'll have to wait more than month to be registered. I think that the
most of Mailman translators are in the same situation.

TP is great, but especially for projects that don't have own i18n teams.
They get chance to be translated into many languages. Mailman already
has been translated, so i'm wondering if joining TP will make more mess
that this is worth.

On other hand, Mailman translators can make TP stronger. Stronger
language teams can translate more GNU software, and that sounds nice.

Conclusion: I think, that merging Mailman translations with TP is better
for TP than for Mailman.
Personally, Mailman is closer for me, so I'm neutral :)

BArtek