[Mailman-i18n] Pipermail and non-English lists

Barry A. Warsaw barry@python.org
Thu Nov 21 13:43:45 2002

ites:

    >> Hmm, maybe this is another reason to want a cgi in front of
    >> even public archives?

    MvL> No, I don't think so. Instead, I think the security warning
    MvL> is just misguided. It may be possible to cause security
    MvL> violations by playing tricks with the charset, but in all
    MvL> cases, this is somebody else's bug if these tricks work, not
    MvL> the bug of the web server.

Can you describe exactly what kind of security violations might occur?

    MvL> I would add this issue to the installation
    MvL> instructions. People who use non-Latin-1 regularly will
    MvL> notice quickly that they get mojibake.

Done.  I don't know what mojibake is, but it sounds like I dn't want
it!  Maybe "shmutz" is a good enough working translation? :)

-Barry