[Mailman-i18n] Add header/footer to MIME multipart (was: the way i added my language charset)

Martin Ramsch m.ramsch@computer.org
Sun Nov 10 12:08:56 2002

Martin v. Löwis <loewis@informatik.hu-berlin.de> schrieb:

> "shawn   Erdil" <cerdil@ttnet.net.tr> writes:
[...]
> > if i send it as PLAIN message -- i get the headers and footers like
> > below how can i control not to send -mime multipart alternative
> > message ?
> > everybody  have  their presets.
>
> I see two options:
> - add the header and footer only to the text/plain alternative. Since
>   this is philosophically wrong, the mailing list admin would need
>   to select this explicitly.
> - strip all alternatives except for text/plain from the message
>   (making the entire message text/plain), then add the header and
>   footer to the message.

Another option for MIME multipart messages is to embed the
message parts into a _new_ multipart/mixed structure which
contains
1st the header as text/plain, then
2nd all parts of the message itself, then
3rd the footer as text/plain.

For an example, see the two attached demo messages.

The first one, "Test-Message.eml", has type multipart/alternative
with text, HTML, and audio alternatives.
The second one, "Test-Message with Header_Footer.eml", is changed
into multipart/mixed and just adds seperate Header and Footer parts.
(BTW, these themselves again could be multipart/alternative with
 both text and HTML headers/footers ... :-)

HTH,
  Martin

An embedded message was scrubbed...