[Mailman-i18n] Adding non-ASCII headers

Martin v. Löwis loewis@informatik.hu-berlin.de
Tue Nov 5 14:45:42 2002

I just tried to configure the playground list to use non-ASCII
headers, and failed.

First, I tried to add Turkish letters, without having Turkish
templates. This failed, and not surprisingly so: The
admin/playground/nondigest form was encoded in us-ascii, so it was not
capable of properly transmitting the header contents (it was
surprising that Mailman sent out a garbage message, though).

Then, I changed the list to Russian, and got a Koi8-r form, in which I
successfully entered a Cyrillic text (this text is still configured at
the moment).

However, when sending a message in non-digest mode, neither a header
nor a footer was added by mailman. Can somebody explain this behaviour?

Regards,
Martin