[Mailman-i18n] Mailman - Estonian translation

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Mon, 6 May 2002 00:34:31 -0400

    AV> If now one else has volunteered to take that job before, I
    AV> would like to work on the Estonian translation/language pack
    AV> for Mailman.

Great!  Shall I put you down as the Estonian champion?

http://www.list.org/MM21/i18n.html

    AV> A little background information about me: I have previous
    AV> experience in localizing gettext based applications. I'm part
    AV> of KDE's Estonian language team, where the localization of
    AV> programs the kdegames module is my responsibility. I have also
    AV> worked on unofficial translation of Majordomo[1] and a number
    AV> of other smaller programs.

    AV> Currently I am also administrator for 2 small Mailman
    AV> installations, which run 30 and 10 lists respectively.

    AV> Based on that, I believe that I have the necessary knowledge
    AV> and skill for this job. I have a pretty clear picture of what
    AV> is involved and I'm all set up for it; all I need is an OK
    AV> from you.

I agree, it sounds like you're perfect for the job.  You've definitely
got my go ahead.  The language code for Estonian is `et' right?
What's the character set?

When you're ready send me a tarball created from the top of the source
tree, containing the messages/et and templates/et directories.
Alternatively, we can talk about setting you up with cvs write
privileges to the `et' subdirectories, like many of the other language
champions have.  Contact me off-list if you want this.

BTW, I'm about to upload a new language pack corresponding to Mailman
2.1beta2.  Are folking finding these helpful?  It's more work for me
to create them, so unless it specifically makes the translators jobs
easier, I'm inclined to stop generating them (normal users or site
admins won't need them).

-Barry