[Mailman-i18n] I wanna join in Brazilian Portuguese Translation Team.

Quique quique@sindominio.net
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 09:01:29 +0200 (CEST)

Barry A. Warsaw dijo:

> I'm just starting to get my head above water, so I hope I'll do some
> catching up to the various lists over the next few days.

:-)

> We just did this with the Spanish translations, albeit with the
> approval of the previous and next Spanish translator (I haven't
> updated the info yet though!).

sorry, i'm confused. is not amaya rodrigo (barbwired) the current
coordinator for the spanish translation?

> Ok, is it a "hell of a job" because it's just a lot of work, or
> because there are real obstacles in your way that we can help improve?
> Note that there are several experienced translators on this list for
> other languages.  Perhaps things are easier for them because they're
> Emacs users and your not?  I know Emacs has a translation mode
> (po-mode) that makes life a lot easier.

> So is the problem that there aren't great translation tools for
> Windows or non-Emacs geeks?

despite my simpathy for the fsf, i'm a vim guy and don't use emacs.
i use a program called kbabel (http://i18n.kde.org/tools/kbabel/) to do
translation work on my debian box.this tool is not available for ms windows, afaik.

cheers,
 quique

--
Hay 10 tipos de personas: las que entienden binario y las que no.