[Mailman-i18n] error in mailman.pot?

Simone Piunno pioppo@ferrara.linux.it
Sat, 13 Jul 2002 16:15:38 +0200

Hi,

I'm trying to update my translation to the latest cvs, but around
line 148 of bin/mailmanctl there's something really strange:

----------------------- snip snip ----------------------
#: bin/mailmanctl:148
msgid ""
You don't have permission to stop the master qrunner.  Perhaps\n
        if e.errno <> errno.ESRCH: raise\n
        print >> sys.stderr, _('No child with pid: %(pid)s')\n
        print >> sys.stderr, e\n
        print >> sys.stderr, 'Stale pid file removed.'\n
        os.unlink(mm_cfg.PIDFILE)\n
\n
\n
\f\n
def get_lock_data():\n
    \n
    fp = open(LOCKFILE)\n
    filename = os.path.split(fp.read().strip())[1]\n
    fp.close()\n
    parts = filename.split('.')\n
----------------------- snip snip ----------------------

[goes on many lines of code...]

Looks like pygettext extracted the wrong chunk of text or worse...
maybe there's been a problem in concurrent access to disk when
mailman.pot has been recreated....

Actually the sentence "You don't have permission to stop the master
qrunner" does not appear in mailmanctl and the line before
"if e.errno <> errno.ESRCH: raise\n" is a normal line of code.

Do you see the same problem or is it just my cvs sandbox?

--
Simone Piunno, FerraraLUG - http://members.ferrara.linux.it/pioppo