[Mailman-i18n] German Language

Mikhail Sobolev mikhail.sobolev@transas.com
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 14:56:23 +0000

On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 11:28:31AM +0100, Martin von Loewis wrote:
> I think this is a serious flaw in the translation of the HTML
> templates: It lacks traceability, i.e. it is not possible to find out
> what version of the English template was the source when translating a
> template. It would be good if translators would somehow identify what
> version they started from, so that updating the templates becomes
> easier.
Well, as for html files, it's pretty easy: you can put the reference to
the english version, like:

    <!-- english version: 2.1 -->

and then use this information for maintaining the translation.  Text
files are worse: you cannot put anything in there.

I tried to do something for Russian files, you may want to check
Makefile, status and s2s.py files in templates/ru

--
Misha