[Mailman-i18n] French translation

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Sun, 6 Jan 2002 02:06:15 -0500

    F> I would add that the translation process is a bit
    F> awkward. Aren't there tools such as online shared databases
    F> that can be used to coordinate translations? I can commit some
    F> translations and corrections once in a while, but the effort to
    F> do when you have to proofread and correct everything is way too
    F> high for the time I can spend on it.

I'm all ears for suggestions of ways I can make the translation
process easier.  I've been hoping we'd have more languages supported
by now.  Part of this is my fault -- while we're in alpha, I do
sometimes change templates and translatable strings.  But I'm trying
to be judicious about that, and I'll get stricter once we go to beta.

As far as translation tools, I'm not sure how much I can help, since I
don't do any translations on a regular basis (typical monolingual
American here ;).  XEmacs tends to be my tool of choice for almost
everything, and I know there are some facilities in Emacs/XEmacs for
doing translations.

Beyond that, I don't know.  It's up to you translators to help me
understand how to make your jobs easier.  Maybe the GNU people have
suggestions.  Or the folks on i18n-sig@python.org.

-Barry